dien thoai gia re , dau gia bizgia.net , the gioi smartphone , download game mobile downloadgamemobile.info , smartphone , tang truong tangtruong.net , khoa hoc cong nghe thong cong thongcong24h.vn , mua ban sim , Smartphone gia re , cong nghe congnghetuonglai.org , cong nghe congnghe360.org , giai tri guongmat.org , su kien sukientrongngay.net , thoi trang hi tech , thong tin thongtin360.net , may tinh bang gia re , perfect body , dien thoai xach tay , gia vang hom nay , kiem dinh kiemdinh3.com , kinh te viet nam , xay dung viet nam , thoi trang , thoi trang , phu nu viet nam , tin tuc moi online , dich vu bao ve viet nam , bao ve viet nam , cong ty bao ve viet nam , tin tuc moi online , giai tri 24h , tin tuc 24h

A bit of history

Clanwilliam Wild Flower Society and the Blomkerk (Flower Church)

Since the 1940’s various groups of people have organised flower shows on an irregular basis – in the school hall, the town hall and even in classrooms.  Wild flowers were exhibited in an informal way, in small pots, and these events were sometimes combined with a Spring Ball or formal flower arrangements.  The show moved from one venue to the other.  The Clanwilliam Wild Flower Association was established in 1971 under the leadership of Mrs Kay Bergh. In 1972 the Dutch Reformed Church was renovated at a cost of R5 000 and the wild flowers officially found a “home”.

This building

The church was designed by Carl Otto Hager and completed in 1864. Church services were held here until 1964. The neo-Gothic style is similar to other Hager churches, such as the Moederkerk and the Lutheran church in Stellenbosch.  The pulpit, designed by Hager, is made of pine, but the doors to the vestry are of cedar wood.
Some of the graves in the churchyard predate the church. Some 1820 Settlers and other well-known personalities lie buried here.  The obelisk in the churchyard was erected in 1926 in memory of the Rev CF Leipoldt, a former minister of the church and father of the poet, C Louis Leipoldt.
At a church board meeting on 24 July 1965 it was decided to donate the building to the Clanwilliam Nature Conservation Society for preservation and maintenance. Today the building belongs to the Clanwilliam Heritage Trust and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1978.
The Clanwilliam Wild Flower Association strives to collect and make funds available for the restoration of this church building as well as for the support of the Ramskop Wild Flower Garden.